Indoor 2020-21 Modified Season
There will be a modified indoor season following Alberta's mandate of the 50 player Cohort groups. If that number changes, EMSA will adjust accordingly.
- Player/Team Official registration opens August 21, 2020, via the EMSA Soccer Portal.
- Games begin October 24th(updated).
- NO TOURNAMENTS will take place until soccer returns to normal.
- Teams will have a max of 12 players & 4 teams will be grouped together into a Cohort. Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers, Bench Attendants are not part of the "50" as they are required to wear masks.
- NO TRIALISTS will be allowed.
- Round 1 will be for 9 weeks taking us up to the Christmas break. Teams will be re-tiered & resume after Christmas for 6 weeks bringing the total number of games to 15.
- Games will be 45 minutes; the Soccer Centres will need 15 minutes to sanitize the entire building before the next game begins.
- The Soccer Centres are working on a pre-registration system for players/Team Officials/Spectators.
- Dressing rooms & washrooms will be available at each Soccer Centre.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Only 1 adult spectator per player allowed; no limit to the number of youth siblings.
- Spectators will have to social distance in the stands.
- Everyone must leave immediately after each game.
- If the COVID situation gets worse at any time, the league will be shut down if dictated by the city and provincial health authorities.
- This is an evolving situation which may change before October 24th. These details are subject to change without notice.