January 22nd, 2021
To: EMSA membership
Re: Letter from the EMSA President
Greetings soccer families,
Yesterday, Alberta's Chief Medical Officer of Health announced that the current restrictions will be extended until further notice. https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
Alberta Soccer Association and other major sports organizations are lobbying the Provincial Government for at least a definitive date for team sports reopening. As soon as more information will become available, we will share it immediately.
EMSA has already made a commitment to provide as many games as possible during this Indoor Season to our players and this commitment will continue as long as possible.
Once AHS and Alberta Soccer will decide when we can resume our competition, EMSA will work with Edmonton Soccer Facilities, Edmonton Soccer Dome and other partners to provide a compressed schedule while observing all safety precautions.
There is a distinct possibility that not all the regular games could be completed. In such an event EMSA Board will consider issuing a partial refund. We would ask that everyone is patient in these uncertain times, and we hope AHS will let us know sooner rather than later when we can get our kids back playing again.
Please ensure that you speak to your Zone or Club office, check the web site of your Zone, Club or EMSA, talk to your coach, so that you are aware of all the information available and keep up to speed with HS and ASA’s decisions.
Thank you for your understanding,